3/4 of a year?!?

     Where has the time gone?  My beautiful baby boy turns 9 months old today!  How is this possible, it seems like he just got here.  I reminisce about the doctor placing baby Grayson into my arms in the hospital.  I still remember the feeling of everything suddenly changing.  Becoming a mother is the best, most life altering thing ever!

     To those who know us...you know we weren't exactly planning on having children just yet (they were somewhere on the horizon, we just didn't recognize God's timing).  I've always heard that you have kids when you're financially set, well established in a house and so forth, I'm sure you've heard something similar.  If you waited for every single duck to be in a row then we'd never have kids, because life happens.  Looking back, I now see that God's timing is impeccable, and I wouldn't change a thing!
     Sometimes I think I'm guilty of getting so busy preparing for life that I let so much of it pass me by.  Take advantage of the little moments, and enjoy the craziness.  I found a quote that I find so inspirational, it's just beautiful and O so true!

"While we teach our children all about life,
our children are teaching us what life is all about."

     Grayson is getting so good at standing up, I just know he's going to be walking soon.  Honestly I could wait though...I'll really have my hands full then!



     Last night was very fun, we went out to a nearby pond where we enjoyed fishing (Derek enjoyed it more that Grayson and I-haha).  I took Grayson over to the park after about 30 minutes of no bites.  Derek teased that I'm just like an impatient kid.  We had fun though, we walked around a little trail in the park, and the view was absolutely amazing!

     Derek is home today, he will be working the night shift so he's currently resting up.  I'm hoping to go out for a little trip to the dog park when he wakes up.  

Comments

Popular Posts