Battle Wounds

he's fussing because he can't get the camera
     Grayson has really started to mobilize!  He is all over the place, and hard to keep up with.  Just yesterday he got into it with the TV stand...the TV stand won.  It was his first of many battles I'm sure, and the first of many battle wounds (after all, he is a boy).  He fell into the corner, and got a small mark on his forehead.  You can hardly see it today, but it's a little sore.  I can see it in this picture, but just barely and that's because I know what I'm looking for.  G also discovered where the stairs are located, so we now keep a little gate up at the bottom of the stairs.  I don't think he'd get very far, but we don't want to find out...


     Between all of that and his teething, he has had a rough week.  When we cuddled up like this (see below) it made me realize that he isn't nearly as snuggly as he used to be!  I was so sad...my little boy is growing up, but I guess every mother feels like that at some point, or many points.  G was pretty fussy, understandably and took a little nap right here in my arms, such a great feeling!  He usually won't stop for anything, so this was an unexpected change of pace for our Saturday.  In fact, I even admit it...I cried!




snuggly sweeite





not asleep, but still cuddly


     Standing and shaking seems to be his new favorite thing, it's like he's dancing.  I sing all the time (I do mean literally) and he moves with the beat imitating Daddy and me.  His imitations don't stop there, he has figured out that we're playing copy-cat games with him.  This is new, he now recognizes that we are making the same sound as him, and then makes new and funny sounds.  He is really experimenting with his voice, and I just love it!





     G's got some more chompers coming in...his top left tooth peeked through today!  Finally saw it this morning...that brings the count up to three.  All these teeth are so exciting to him, he just discovered the bottom two with his tongue.  It took me just about all day on Friday to figure out that he wasn't just sticking his tongue out, he was putting it on his teeth.  That was an interesting day, I honestly don't know how his tongue didn't dry out...haha.  All this excitement with teeth now means that he thinks it's great to carry around his sippy cup with just his teeth while crawling.  This picture is just after he has crossed the entire living room with cup in mouth.  He is so proud!













      Bath time is always one of the most fun!  We have these foam letters that he plays with in the bath, he just can't get enough.  They double as teething rings and toys, he takes all his teething pain out on them...the Y is a little warped.  I know it's too early to be learning his letters, but environmental print is great for kids, and it is fun to make songs with each letter (again with the singing).  His favorite thing to do with the letters I have so nicely arranged on the bath wall is to take them down...boys always love to destroy things.  He pulls the letters off and puts them in his mouth just as fast as I replace them on the wall, we go back and forth like this for about 10 minutes every bath time...such simple entertainment!



     Welcome to life on base...these "jumping jacks" are about 3 feet tall, and I would expect quite a deterrent to drive through.  These are located at all the entrances and exits to the base.  All of the lanes swerve around the jacks.  Life here is still interesting, as always...in fact today we had increased security.  I had to sign in at the commissary and show ID upon entering (you usually only show when checking out).  Base life is still an adjustment, but at least I'm not freaked out driving around any more.





Interested in everything, and always on the move!

Comments

tgmore said…
I can just see that little boy crawling across the room with sippy cup in mouth, I'll bet he WAS proud! haha.

Popular Posts