Hello Again

I made this quite a long time ago,
 but the verse is still very relevant!
     Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted so obviously we have a lot of catching up to do.  I have started going to the indoor pool here on base and swimming laps with a few friends.  Working on getting into shape, as summer is right around the corner.  No bikini or anything, just want to feel good in my own skin.  Isn't that how everyone feels.  So I'm thinking that going to the pool and walking around the neighborhood will help me get into shape.  The pool is fantastic, and it's heated so it's never to cold, which is very important!  Everyday when we get into the pool I feel great, and it makes me think of way back when I was in swim team.  Then I remember swimming like 30 laps non-stop and I feel pathetic!  Haha, we'll get there though!


     Driving around on base is so frustrating, or really just driving in general.  On base the speed limit changes all over the place and ranges from 20mph to 40mph.  Then off base there are no speed limit signs, but everyone is going like 50.  The transition when I'm going off base to shop and then coming back on is so hard.  When I'm off base I feel like the Granny driver, then on base I'm the aggressive one.  I'm not really either extreme, but somehow the constant change is hard to adapt to.  I just need to invent a car that does it for me, and automatically goes the right speed.  I'll be working on that...

     This past weekend we got to hang out with some friends, and Derek made some killer burgers, I couldn't resist posting this picture courtesy of the chef himself.


     You are looking at the best Texas sized, double bacon cheddar burger.  They were absolutely delicious, and we had lots of fun cooking (or watching the cooking) and eating them!


     While Derek was gone both to Basic Military Training (BMT) and at Tech School and we couldn't have much contact, he would always say "give him a kiss for me."  So every time I would put Grayson down for a nap, I'd be telling him about the letter I recently received and such then just as his eyes got heavy I would give him a kiss on his for head and one on the bridge of his nose (that's where Derek would kiss him).  I'd whisper, "here's a mommy kiss, and here's a daddy kiss."  Looking back it's kind of odd acting as both parents, but I know I will do it again if (really it's when I'm just in denial) Derek is deployed.  But what's odd is that I still catch myself doing it during the day while putting Grayson down for a nap.  Old habits die hard I suppose.  But we are both glad that Daddy is home!

Comments

Popular Posts