"Nakee" Hoots

     We've had a great week, but you can read about our ridiculous day yesterday here.  Other than this lovely realization that my son is crazy, we've still had lots of fun.  I'm pretty sure I mentioned our new shock collar...yes that's right.  Lola has always been a good dog, but when it comes to being with other dogs, we aren't quite sure what gets into her.  She is no fun to take to the dog park, and that is such a perk to living here, so we invested in a used one that someone was selling here on base.  Lucky us...it works, and Lola is starting to respond.  Before you tell me that this in inhumane, please realize that we did test the level of the shock on ourselves before putting it on our dog to make sure it wasn't to much.  Good news...she is doing significantly better at the dog park, so hopefully this will be a regular thing soon!  YAY!  Now if only it would stop raining (it's been drizzling/raining almost non-stop for a few days now).




     We added a new step to Grayson's bedtime routing, which Grayson really enjoys...


NAKEEE TIME!!!!!  It's a big hit.


     We've never done this before because Grayson has been notorious for making messes in the little amount of time that his diaper is off.  However, our friends here always leave their little one without a diaper after a bath, so we thought Grayson may also enjoy it.  Since he's older now, it seems he has grown out of peeing every time he has the chance to make a mess.  He is so much fun at this time, he crawls around hooting and making all kinds of noise, we all have a great time playing in his room!



     This weekend I told Derek that I needed to dig through all my teaching boxes filled with books and other teaching gear.  He asked why, and when I told him it was to get some puzzles for Grayson he looked at me bewildered and said, "there's no way he's ready for puzzles."  Our son is a total genius, but he isn't quite ready for 500 piece puzzles, so these will have to do.
     Derek didn't realize I meant this type of puzzle which is just right for Grayson right now.  He is really enjoying pulling the pieces off, and of course the game is better when mommy makes the animal noises.  So far the cow is his favorite, and he crawls around the living room carrying it.  Not losing any of the pieces will be interesting...I see trouble in store.  He doesn't yet understand that you're supposed to put the pieces back, but that will come in time.  I'm just thrilled that he's interested.  These puzzles are also very educational, and great for pre-school aged kids since they have the same picture underneath to match the pieces to.  You can also see that the pieces are about 1/2 an inch thick so they are easy to handle.



     I simply love these Melissa and Doug chunky puzzles.  You can find these and other options through Amazon here:  


     I'm still working on making Grayson into a master folder so he can help on laundry day...so far no success.  As you can see however, he is great at getting into the laundry bins.  I couldn't resist snapping some pictures!   



Comments

Grandma Debbie said…
What precious pictures of him in the laundry basket and nakeeeee time!!!!!! I'm sure he loves the "FREE" feeling - HA!
Unknown said…
I love the way you put things. I love all the pictures too.

Popular Posts