Aunt Sarah's Visit

     Sarah came to visit in early August, and got to be here for a whole week!!!  We had so much fun!  We spent about an hour just getting her cleared to come on base...she must have some blemishes on her record...jk.  Some of our fun activities included going to a birthday party, making soap, going shopping, making cake pops, cake, and putting together a birthday party.

     When we went shopping in the historical district of Ogden, I had only one job which was to talk her out of buying things, which I failed at miserably.  No no, we really just had fun walking up and down the streets looking into one of a kind shops.  We found one shop in particular that had more plants than I could have imagined, and as we walked around she named them all.  She really has an eye for nature!  She spotted her favorite plant, the fiddle leaf which I had never even heard of.  She just has a knack for plants and the like...and the really funny part is that while she was visiting, I almost killed my purple waffle plant...  I guess I have a "dead thumb."  Believe it or not, it has actually come back from this!

     She helped me with the decorating and such for Grayson's birthday party!  She was a total life saver!!!  I never would have finished without all her help!

We baked cake pops (interesting experiment, and very calorie intensive I'm sure), made a banner to hang above the table filled with snacks and presents, and another cake which we cut into shapes and decorated!

     Needless to say, Grayson really enjoyed all of it (not that he even noticed all the decorating and hard work that went into it all).  And I know that if Grayson could, he'd say "Thanks Aunt Sarah for everything!!!  My birthday was GREAT!"




     We also spent lots of time out on the back patio enjoying the cool weather, and Grayson loved it!  We stopped from breakfast on the way home from the airport and Sarah said, "wow, I can feel a breeze on my toes!"  She never did get over how nice the weather is here!  So she soaked it up as much as she could, and I'm sure that since arriving back in San Antonio has really appreciated the AC!


I LOVE YOU!  Thanks for coming!

Comments

Popular Posts