Recycling- why make it difficult?

     I love recycling, I guess on some level it makes me feel like a better person, like I'm doing my part to help the environment.  Back home in Texas we had two huge trash cans except one was for recycling.  It was so convenient to rinse and chunk it in the bin, but now that we're living in Utah, it's a little more work.  You don't have any recycling at your house, instead you have to go to this area on base that has dumpsters that you sort your recycling in to.  It used to be two bins, one for paper and cardboard, the other for everything else.  This has changed in just the last month or so and now you have to sort paper and cardboard, glass, aluminum and cans, and plastics 1&2.  That is 4 different categories, and it is a huge pain to walk all over this huge parking lot to sort them!



     I wish Utah would make helping out a little easier!

Comments

Ann said…
Wow.
But, ya know, sometimes I wonder what REALLY happens to the recycling we just chunk all together in the big blue can.

Popular Posts