Crib Protector

     A few weeks ago, I started to notice Grayson teething on his crib railing and decided to do something about it.  Not only did I not want him to destroy his nice new crib, but I'm sure ingesting the wood or finish isn't great either!  I looked into a crib protector, and the kind they sell for his type of crib (since it has a thick railing) was $40+.  Needless to say I wasn't about to pay that plus shipping!
     I decided to create a crib protector of my own...here's how it went.

     I went with a gender neutral geometric print (just in case #2 is a girl) and well green...since it's my favorite color.
     After that, I honestly have no idea how to describe what I did.  All I can say is I'm very glad that I decided on gender neutral so I will NEVER have to make another one!  It's stuffed with 2 layers of a pretty thick batting, so it's somewhat pillow like.

     Here is a picture of the final product.  I'm very happy with how it turned out!  And now for some pictures with Grayson the wood nibbling little bugger!





     Ahhh, sweet satisfaction.  Another project finished!

Comments

Amanda said…
Tara it looks great-- I need to get started on one for Ethan, but I will need to do the sides too, he eats everything. *I told you he had chewed a chunk off, temporarily I tied a receiving blanket around it. Thanks for the idea!

Popular Posts