Daddy's Boy

     Grayson is usually a super-duper active little boy and won't stop for anything, so Monday when he would stop playing to lay his head down on the floor and give a little whimper I knew something was up.  Our little man just wasn't very happy...at all.  Tuesday he started throwing up, and wouldn't eat hardly anything the entire day (which doesn't work well since we're trying to fatten him up).  Wednesday morning when he threw up again I decided it was time so I called the clinic and got in for their only appointment that wasn't during nap time.  It was literally 20 minutes from when I talked to them and I had just jumped in the shower and bathed Grayson after the morning incident.  So I looked wet and frizzy as I walked into the clinic (we've all had those days haven't we?)

     Of course since it was an "emergency" appointment, not just a check-up we were assigned to whoever was available.  That meant that we got to see the same silly Dr. who didn't know if Grayson had an ear infection or strep throat.  I know I griped about this Dr. a little to my mom, but let me paint a picture for you.
     Thank you for reading me the pamphlet on "Vomiting (Viral Gastritis)" before handing me a copy.  That was so incredibly helpful!  In all seriousness he read some of the bullet points, without ever looking at me.  Then when I asked him, "how often should I be offering him food?" he glanced back at the paper and when he couldn't find the answer he simply changed the subject (this is a civilian Dr. working on base).  I really don't want Grayson to get sick other than when I already have a check-up scheduled because I absolutely love his regular Dr.
     Anyway, so I left the clinic and headed to the commissary where I got some PediaSure which really seemed to help Grayson feel better.  I'm sure it didn't hurt that it was berry flavored (kind of a little treat).  After today though, I can see some improvement, and he seems to be over the worst of it.

     Daddy got off work early today, and suddenly Grayson was in a much better mood.  He is on a Daddy kick...I'm a little offended (not really).  It's really sweet how he loves on his Daddy!
Making faces!

Comments

Terri said…
Happy to hear that Grayson is feeling better (in spite of the stupid doctor!) Cute pic, too!

Popular Posts