Lovely Scales and Poopy Trails

     Lovely title...I know, and I'll explain but only after I get to tell you how excited I am that Grayson is over his ear infection.   YAY for the little man!  He had been fussy essentially since his birthday (which was almost a month ago now).  Needless to say, this fussiness had me all out of sorts, and totally behind on housework.  He finished the round of antibiotics, and seems to be feeling much better!  Grayson is officially weaned, and it only took 2 weeks!  That I must say is a major feat!  He is also eating virtually zero baby food other than cereal (what can I say I stocked up...).  So next week is for getting all caught up, and enjoying a happy giggly baby!

     To say the least, the past few days around here have a little "interesting."  On Wednesday, Grayson was playing as usual in the living room while I was folding a load of laundry, and he wandered into the kitchen.  I could hear him fidgeting in his own drawer, "nothing to worry about" I told myself since everything is baby-proofed.  I look up to see a dirty baby walking back into the living with poop trailing behind him and down his leg.  (Sorry to be so graphic, but I want you to fully appreciate the situation).  Of course I jumped up and swept Grayson upstairs, carrying him at arms length.  Cleaned him all up, new clothes, new diaper and such.  We went back downstairs and he watched from the walker toy as I cleaned up.  Before going upstairs, I thought the mess was limited, but upon a closer look, it had been going on for awhile and Grayson had already tracked it through most of the kitchen, smearing it with his feet.  GROSS!
     I went through most of a bottle of Resolve, quite a few paper towels, and lots of Clorox wipes...all to find that the carpet was still discolored.  Luckily I stumbled upon an used Bissell Little Green machine from someone on base for quite a steal.  This wonderful machine finished the job, and now the floors are clean as new and you would never know of our little disaster!



     On a cleaner note, Grayson loves to play with the scale in our downstairs bathroom.  It lights up, and makes fun clicky noises (all of which clearly make it the best invention ever!  At least to this little monster).  So we will be getting back to fun games, and paints, and reading books.  We are also working on waving bye bye...that may take a little while.

Comments

Ann said…
Dear Momma Hoot,

I'm kinda glad you didn't post poopy trail pictures

Popular Posts