Weighing In at 20 lbs.

     Grayson is weighing in at a whopping 20 lbs.  I say that kidding-ly...because he hasn't really lost weight but he isn't gaining any either.  We have doctors orders to plump this kid up with butter and everything unhealthy!  When we went in for his latest appointment, they were a little concerned because he hadn't continued the growth pattern he's had.  But when you take into account that he started walking (practically running) and burning more calories, he got sick and had less of an appetite, and that he fought weaning for a few days it makes perfect sense.  The doc said it was only a real concern if he lost weight, but that he should be getting his appetite back and thus gaining weight.  He suggested adding more dairy, even butter to speed along the process.
     Sure enough, now that Grayson is over that ear infection he appetite is through the roof!  This morning for breakfast he ate 1 scrambled egg, some baby cereal (like I mentioned I stocked up), 3 chunks of peaches cut up, and some blueberries.  This little boy is a total pig!
     It's official Grayson has discovered his head.  I'm still not convinced that this is a good thing!  Every time he eats he manages to cover himself in food, and for some reason that is the perfect time to check that he still has hair.  He takes his grimy fingers and pulls on his hair...which makes quite a mess.  But it also makes for some cute pictures...like this one where he's really grumpy while eating.

     But it's sooooo much cuter when he's getting ready for a nap, like here...
     So we're having fun, and keeping busy.  I'm not sure who I've mentioned it to, but I have my application in at the Child Development Center here on base, and I'm getting very antsy to hear back!

Comments

Popular Posts