Work's Starting!

     I thought I would have time to blog yesterday after my first day of working at the CDC, but what I didn't anticipate was "homework."  Yes, you read that right, I had lots of paperwork that I had to fill out.  The paperwork involved in working for the military as a civilian is outrageous!  I've put in at least 9 hours doing paperwork, between doing a background check online, 3 fingerprint pages, and sitting in the NAF office signing page after page!  It's been crazy, but now I'm to the good part...almost!
     Yesterday I read a 2 inch binder full of memorandums, and took a tour of the facility again.  Rules Rules Rules, that was all I did yesterday!  No children, nothing interesting...just rules.  Today I got to spend about an hour in each of the different ages, and then tomorrow I will be watching several hours worth of videos.  Training is a blast (note scarcasm!), but I do realize it's necessary...

     I haven't had a chance to really explain much about the CDC to very many people, but it is the Child Development Center here on base, and is about a 5 minute drive from our house (which will be a great commute haha).  Grayson will eventually be going there with me, he is on the waiting list now.  The complicating factor is that the CDC is opening a new facility that is just across the parking lot.  I'm hopeful that I will get to be a classroom teacher, and not stay a floater for long.  *When you start at the CDC you are always a floater, and then you move up, it's just the name of the game.  I would love to teach in a Pre-School class, but we will see...I'll keep everyone updated.

     Also, Grayson is doing great!  He seems to be adjusting well to me going to work, it may even be harder on me!  I think we will all adjust though, we just have to enjoy our time together more, and spend it wisely.

Comments

Popular Posts