It's Official

     We've been holding back a little...trying to contain our excitement!  We found out that we are expecting a second little nugget this August.  After a few weeks of feeling sick here and there mostly by smells and eating.  Derek finally convinced me to pick up some tests, all of which came out positive.  Still in denial I insisted on getting a blood test even before telling our parents.  Sure enough, I'm pregnant!

     Because the military is slow at everything, and made us jump through hoops, and even take a class just to get the referral to go off base I couldn't even get an appointment until early February.  But at that point Derek was off at Inspector School, so I opted for an appointment this past Friday so he could come.  We found out on Friday that Saturday marked 13 weeks!  So here is a picture to mark my progress (aka:  how ginormous I get)...
                                                                                                                                                   Friday at that appointment it became soooo real, I couldn't believe it, and we both left the Dr. office smiling from ear to ear.  Something about hearing that sweet little heartbeat, and seeing the sweet and forming body of our baby just brings everything to life!

     Luckily our little man has recently fallen in love with babies!  Every day as we leave the CDC he wants to stop and peek thought the window at all the babies.  His version of "baby" sounds something like "bebe," with the e's really drawn out.  Some friends of ours have a sweet 4 month old that they are sweet enough to share with us...and Grayson loves to play Pat-A-Cake with baby Sophia's feet!


     And even gives her sweet little Eskimo kisses.  I just hope he likes having one around full time in the near future!


Comments

Kristen Marie said…
TARA!!!! I am so happy for you guys! Love you tons! :)
Grandma Debbie said…
Well, I for one am on top of the world!! I am so excited and extremely blessed. I'm sure Grayson will be a great big brother too! I love y'all dearly and thanks so much for this blessed event!!

Popular Posts