Recognition of Service!

Home of the free because of the brave.     Memorial Day has a whole new meaning to me now that I'm a military wife, and I just have to share one picture that makes me proud as an American, but also proud of my hubby and all of the wonderful military families we have met.  I have always been thankful for the service of our military members, but experiencing even a small taste of what it means to serve our country has deepened those feelings.                                                                  I'm not much of a crier, but just the thought of my loved one not coming home and the realization that that is a reality for lots of families, brings me to tears!  No words can express my gratitude to the many men and women who have served, and those who have sacrificed!  (I'm totally crying just writing this...)
     It was a very cold Memorial Day weekend here, but we were still able to enjoy the air show.  Derek had to work on Saturday, as they have heightened security with all of the civilians on base.  He said that it even snowed a bit out on the flight line, so needless to say Grayson and I enjoyed watching a few of the airplanes from inside our house!  We heard them just about all day long, which meant that Grayson screamed out "ah-plane" off and on all day.  But mostly Saturday was uneventful (except for the brownies I baked as a special treat for Derek when he got home after a 12 hr day.)
     Then there was Sunday, which started out a little drizzly and didn't look all that promising.  We went for a few hours before nap time and we got to climb up in several airplanes.  Derek and I were totally pumped about that, but Grayson didn't totally appreciate it since the airplanes weren't flying.  We thought he would get a much bigger kick out of it, but it was still a fun experience.



      Then we came back after nap time just in time for the Thunderbird's show.  They were fantastic, and did some amazing stunts.  And not to worry, we all used hearing protection.

 



     So it was an awesome weekend, and we can't wait until next year when Grayson will be able to truly appreciate how fun it is to go up in the airplanes.

     On a side note, I am now 27 weeks pregnant, and here is a profile shot to prove it.  Wishing everyone a safe and fun filled weekend!  And now we are off to BBQ with some friends!

Comments

Popular Posts