Gettin' Wet




     At our new house we have a much larger yard...which has many perks: more time of watching Daddy mow, more space for Lola, and of course more fun for Grayson.

     *Side Note:  I know I've mentioned it before, but Grayosn loves watching Daddy mow, well just the other day he heard a mower outside and insisted I open the window so he could see what was going on.  Our next door neighbor was mowing his lawn...and Grayson stared out the window practically stalking him.  I don't know that I will ever understand this child's amusement with mowers...moving on to my main point:



     On any given day, if there is water involved in any way Grayson seems to enjoy himself more and just have an all-around good day.  So on Friday I decided to set up the sprinkler in the backyard and just let him play in the water for about 30 min before lunch.  He was so excited to put on the "simming" diaper and shoes, he ran around the house shouting "simming" since he knows when we put those on we are going to a pool, or the splash pad or something.  After a few minutes of just standing and running in the water he discovered that he could pick it up and move it.  So I tried several times to get a picture of him drinking from it...he couldn't help but splash it on his face too.

     He enjoyed this for a good 15 minutes before...he discovered that he could also spray Mommy.  This last picture was taken mere seconds before my legs were soaked (I'm glad he's still short).


     When it was finally time to go in for lunch however, he was not pleased that I turned off the water, and threw the biggest fit he ever has.  He was so disappointed, and ran around the backyard crying for a good while before I finally scooped him up in the towel and brought him inside.  I finally settled him down by distracting him with hand-washing (more water...of course) and helping me make lunch.
     I will have to try this another day, but you can bet I'll have a good distraction planned for when we get inside!  haha

Comments

Popular Posts