My Little Man is 2!

     Well for Grayson's birthday we decided to have a small get together with some of the friends we have met here.  It was a blast and Grayson definitely had fun, and enjoyed the attention!  He woke up from his nap and the house was decorated, food out and ready, and some people were already here.
     Still in a bit of a daze, he walked into the living room and looked around at the people and decor then sat down on the rug staring up at the cookie monster picture that was hanging and excitedly called out all the Elmo character names as he found their picture.
     It's nearly impossible to think that my sweet little boy is already two years old, and is well on his way to being "all-growed-up."  It doesn't seem like more than a few months could have gone by, so that is one thing I'm telling myself over and over with this little one about to arrive. I thought I cherished it with Grayson, and tried to enjoy every minute but it has still gone by so fast!


     I had so much fun, but didn't get to do nearly as much as I planned on...as usual life got in the way.  I'm still totally thrilled with the cute Elmo fruit tray (which I decided was a must as Grayson loves fruit),





 chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing (delish), and pulled pork (made by Derek and Grayson).

     Last year I gave Grayson a piece of cake to devour thinking he would dig in, but since he doesn't eat sweets to often he didn't really know what to do with it.   This year started off slow as he licked a finger-full of icing at a time before finally getting into it, but once he started there was no stopping him!

     He had so much fun in fact that we let him play in the backyard with the sprinkler for a little bit before coming back inside to open presents.  This was really for our sake, as he was covered in chocolate!


Comments

Ann said…
Happy Birthday, Grayson!!! (Slightly belated).
What adorable birthday ideas! I love that the Bday Boy and I share an affection for Elmo.

Popular Posts