How Riley Came To Be

     Late Saturday night I started having contractions, and eventually woke Derek up because they started to seem regular around 5am.  They continued throughout the day, but were very inconsistent starting and stopping for a few hours so I dismissed them as braxton hicks.  My mom and I even took Grayson to the splash pad just down the street to run off some energy.


     We got home and cuddled on the couch reading books until about 5pm.


     After no contractions for about 2 hours, they started up relentlessly every 5 minutes.  I dismissed them as Braxton Hicks until I finally decided we should head in to the hospital.  We arrived around 7:20 and I was 7 cm, and the nurse was shocked that my water hadn't broken!  Finally at 9:05 we had a Riley, a beautiful baby Riley Evan!


     And now we are just enjoying each and every day!  I am in awe of God's amazing creations, and am just hoping to help them grow along the way!  We are so blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts