Puddles and History

     Sorry for the radio silence...we have been down and out for a couple weeks now.  I literally posted my gung-ho post about how I was going to catch up and post all our updates, then Doodle got sick, followed by me, then Daddy and Little Man.  So, it's been an interesting and lazy couple weeks.
     As if that weren't enough, I also got a suspicious facebook request from a seemingly friendly middle eastern man.  I don't care how friendly you are...if I don't know you, I sure don't want to be "friends" so you have access to my profile info...that sure put my alarms on.  So I've spent some time making our information a little less visible, and ensuring that these posts are only going to the right people.

     All that being said, several weeks ago we randomly packed up and headed to a nearby town.  We stumbled upon a fair going on in the town square and enjoyed some beautiful scenery and delicious eats.  We ordered Italian patate fritte (fries), salsiccia (sausage), and fricco (delish potato cheese patty) and melanzane (eggplant parmesan).  It was basically a glorified food stand, and a big one at that.  Italy doesn't really do fast food but this was about as close as it gets.  So good, the kids ate very well!
      The town center had tables, and wine vendors, but our boys were attracted to the large fountain.  The small puddles made for great stomping and splashing!
     And you just never can tell when you're gonna get smiles with these two, haha.

     Everything is really beautiful here.  Like every turn contains hundreds of years of history.  The stones, and metal work molded and shaped with such craftsmanship, then worn and aged.  I hope our kids remember and appreciate this (I know they're too young)!


 And the night ends with Daddy carrying two tired boys out to the car.  These boys of mine are so silly and sweet!

Comments

Popular Posts