To the Mothers

Mothers
Many talents.
Mostly busy getting things for everyone else.
Much learning along the way.
More thankful for the ones they love.

     I am so very thankful for my own momma, who we just recently enjoyed a visit with!  I have been blessed to learn from this wonderful and strong woman.  Please excuse the wind blown beach hair, it will just have to do.  Our many adventures make wonderful memories; from quiet dinners, to chasing children around the world, to coloring and just talking.

     These two sweet boys made me a momma, and I am so very blessed by their kind yet crazy spirits.  I've gotta give credit where credit is due...they always keep me on my toes.  While this age is filled with lots of repeating, and reminding I have to stop and enjoy the little things.  Quiet snuggles on movie nights, playing card games, reading books as they sit on my lap, riding bikes outside and carefully watering our garden are all memories I wouldn't trade for anything.
     While motherhood is busy, and constantly stretching your limits (at least with these boys), it is also humbling.  I find that it drives me to try to be the best I can.  Thankfully I don't do it alone, I am often reminded of Christ's patience with me, through my many follies (many of which are in parenting and patience).  These boys are growing and learning, and I only hope to be an example of Christ to them, to raise and teach them in the way they should go.

Comments

Debbie K said…
How precious, Tara. And you truly are a great Mom - and yes, there is no greater blessing than our children!!!

Popular Posts