Pat-A-Cake

This is us playing Pat-A-Cake

     I have heard one particular version of "Pat-A-Cake" all my life, but now that Grayson has a toy that plays the song I realize that it's wrong, haha.  I teased my mom and grandma about this 'made up version' of theirs, and now Grayson likes that more than the 'real' version.  Any time he is inconsolable, simply singing and moving his hands or feet to the song makes him smile.  I don't know what it is about waving his hands around, or eating them at the end of the song but it seems to be magic!

     Grayson is such a boy, that is the only explanation for why he is already obsessed with farting noises!  He makes these obscene noises with just his mouth, with his hands, and when he gets bored with that he uses our arms or legs.  We think it's pretty funny too, but it's just so cute to see his reaction when he hears the farting noise.  My favorite is when I'm sitting on the floor petting Lola, and Grayson crawls over to "fart" on my arm then giggle.  What a cute little stinker!















     Did anyone else not know that Utah is "the Beehive State?"  I had no idea until we were looking through a Utah book on our way to a fishing pond for our date night on Tuesday.  (Clearly a date night planned by Derek).  I feel absolutely ridiculous admitting this, but on our drive here I kept seeing these signs, and thinking that it was so cool that they had markers telling you how far to the nearest beehive or something, I didn't get exactly why the signs were out.  Now I get it...it's simply their logo to put the highway numbers on.  Can we simply dismiss this as a major blonde moment!?!

     Another odd thing about Utah, there are seagulls everywhere!  I don't get it, there is even a bookstore called Seagulls Books.  They seem a little out of place, don't they know they're SEAgulls?



     So Grayson and I were playing the other day zerberting his toes, and I said "doesn't he just have the cutest feet!"  Derek responded, "cute little stinky feet."  Sure enough, I had never noticed it before but they do have a hit of feet smell.  They don't exactly stink, they're just a cute stink if that's possible.

     Another new thing is speed crawling...when he sees something he really wants he crawls so fast!  Sometimes when I lay on the floor he does this, or when he sees that we have food, sweet and talented speed crawler!

Attack Mommy!
This is after he speed crawled across the living room.



 Well, off to bed, write again soon.



Grayson loves riding on Daddy's shoulders!



Reclining...



Helping out with laundry


Comments

Ann said…
Great Salt Lake is a little sea!
I wondered about those beehives, too...
xoxoxoxoto u all. Miss you!

Popular Posts