Granny & Morrie


     We had a wonderful visit, and crammed in a lot of fun while still relaxing!  The first exciting thing we did was see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!  I have wanted to do that since we moved here, but for some reason or another it always fell through...I was so happy to finally watch the group I've heard about since choir in high school.  Sitting there watching the choir rehearse, I just kept picturing my high school choir.

     "Mr. Dyer would have never let us sit if we were flat..." I kept thinking random thoughts while they rehearsed.
     It was so great, they were really amazing, and the Tabernacle where they rehearse has astounding acoustics!  If you have never seen them, it is a must if you are ever in Utah on a Thursday night!



     You can see the temple in these pictures, the whole area is truly beautiful.  So much detail on the buildings, and this is just at night (it has already started to get dark pretty early).

     On Friday we took a picnic out to a nearby park where we go pretty regularly.  Where of course Grayson had fun running around chasing Daddy...
     It's really just a beautiful place to take in the scenery, and enjoy the outdoors!
     Saturday consisted of a trip to the "fruitway" which I talked about here, where we bought mostly corn and zucchini.  Blanching and cooking that was fun.  We also experimented with making imitation Gerber snacks (which I will post more about later).
     Also, Granny and Morrie watched Grayson and put him to bed while Derek and I went out for a date night!  I was so amazed that they didn't call or anything (and you should know that it was very hard for me not to call).  They said the evening went very smoothly and he fell asleep easily, I was so glad to hear that our little monster didn't cause too much trouble...
     Then came Sunday when we went to church and then played a game of Sequence.  It's a funny little game...we had never heard of it, but played it with some friends on a game night and were hooked!
So in case you were wondering...we had a wonderful time



Comments

Debbie said…
Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time!!!

Popular Posts