Antelope Island

     Last weekend was so wonderful, we finally took the time to go out and see Antelope Island when it isn't smothered in gnats.  Compared to our last visit, this trip was amazing!  It was so beautiful out, a little chilly but absoutely jaw dropping! 


     We drove dangerously close to some bison (I was terrified that Derek would have to floor it if they got mad, and our car would possibly get totaled).  Luckily we were not attacked by these huge animals, they were actually quite calm and just watched as we drove by.  *Note we had heard that they were perfectly friendly...the only reason we risked it.
     We packed a sack lunch that consisted of PB&J's (as the thought of deli meat still makes me queasy).  We snacked on cranberries and pretzels too.  This little munchkin's smile seriously makes my heart melt!  After a quick lunch we walked around and enjoyed the scenery.  We even got in a little hiking.
Grayson snuck in a little wave at the camera.

     Here is the only hiking we did, it was a small foot path to get close to those big blobs (more menacing monsters - kidding).


     Last weekend was so wonderful, we finally took the time to go out and see Antelope Island when it isn't smothered in gnats.  Compared to our last visit, this trip was amazing!  It was so beautiful out, a little chilly but absoutely jaw dropping!

     It's a really good thing we were all feeling up to par last weekend and got in this fun trip because yesterday Grayson was sent home at the end of the day with a 102 fever.  I'm so thankful that Derek had planned to stay home and take care of him so I could finish out my first week, because this morning I woke up with a fever of my own and have felt awful all day.  My day has mostly consisted of sleeping, coughing and feeling like I'm gonna throw up; and Grayson's has been all about snuggling with Daddy.  I never would have been able to care for Grayson while feeling so terrible, what a blessing!



     I walked downstairs a little late to find this sweet scene, and was informed by Daddy that, "even if he was fussy all day...it was worth it!"

Comments

Popular Posts