Mother's Day

Mother's Day was yesterday, and boy was it a weekend to remember.  Derek, Grayson and I walked in the Walk for Life where I got this adorable pin for Mother's Day.  Then we headed home and Derek left to go fishing, but before taking off he pulled out a ridiculous amount of boxes from our under-the-stairs closet (so I wouldn't be doing any heavy lifting).  It holds so much, and to kick off my spring cleaning, I decided to tackle it and go through my teaching boxes.  So while he was gone and Grayson was sleeping I went through 10 boxes!  I emptied 4 full boxes, which is pretty amazing considering my hoarding tendencies!  With an impending move on the horizon this has been something I really wanted to do, and was kind of a Mother's Day gift to myself.  Ah yes, then to finish off the day I was wooed by these beautiful flowers and a lovely (might I add delicious) box of chocolate almond clusters.


     Sunday morning started off just like any other morning, and to be honest I thought I'd been pampered enough with the lovely flowers.  But my hubby is so sweet and decided that after church he would cook a gourmet meal of Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon, and Fettuccine Alfredo (with homemade Alfredo sauce), a side salad and garlic bread.  It was absoutely delicious and the best part was that I didn't have to lift a finger!  However, the topper on the cake was of course the little man...he has just started to say "love you" or as we now say around here, "luuu vooo."  It is so very sweet, and yesterday he told me luuu vooo on his way upstairs for bed with Daddy.  Totally unprompted was what made it so special!  I just love this little boy!  He truly makes every day interesting!

     So in coming weeks, we will be having a garage sale!  Yay for purging stuff I don't need to keep in boxes somewhere!  Hope all the wonderful mother's out there, had a fantastic Mother's Day!  My mom sure deserved it, along with all the other influential and lovely women in my life (mother's or not).

Comments

Popular Posts