30 Weeks, and an Anniversary

     As you can see, the babe is growing!  Yesterday marked 30 weeks, and I can't believe how much this baby moves.  He can literally wake me from a dead sleep by moving my whole body with his kicks.  Just a few weeks ago his sweet little kicks felt like butterflies in my stomach, gentle and fluttery.  But oh how the kicks have changed...sometimes they are still light, but when he is really active I swear he's gonna pop right out.  He also has 10 whole weeks left, so I just hope he keeps the "beatings" to a minimal.
     Thinking back to my first pregnancy (nearly 2 years ago to the day) I was only a week or so ahead of where I am now, and Derek and I were getting ready to celebrate our 3rd anniversary.  This year will mark number 5!  It doesn't feel like we've been married that long, it still feels like just yesterday we were celebrating with family and friends at our reception.  In the traditional gift series, the gift for 5 is wood, so we decided to put a little of our tax refund toward tools and wood.  My very own handyman is working on making us some new furniture.  His first project is an entertainment center, next will be a new headboard.  So that is our official wedding gift to ourselves, but with our approaching move and huge garage sale (that has completely taken over the garage) we decided to do something for the two of us since we wouldn't have any furniture to look at on our actual anniversary.  So we will be enjoying a couples massage!  I seriously can't wait!  With all the aches and pains brought on by pregnancy, this is going to be heavenly!
     We are looking forward to many many more anniversaries, and lots of great memories to go along with them!

Comments

Popular Posts