False Alarm

     Every day is a gift, and holds endless possibilities.  The mornings bring a sense of renewal for me, but for Grayson they are a little more challenging.  Just thought I'd share how our mornings start out.

     Each and every morning when Grayson starts to wake up, he does what I like to call the "false alarm."  He starts by slowly saying "no no no no," repeatedly then he speeds up, sometimes even screaming it.  This usually lasts less than 5 minutes, then he's back out.  During this time I don't believe his eyes ever open, and I'm convinced that if I got him up at this time he would be a grump all day!  Derek and I joke that he is saying no to waking up.
     Then without fail 30 minutes to an hour later he says "mommy?" over and over then starts naming random things in the room.  This is when our little bug is actually ready to get up, and he's still a little grumpy at this point as you can see from the picture.

     Hope your mornings go a little smoother, and that you enjoy each and every day that we have.  Never forget that each day is a gift.

The faithful love of the lord never ends!
        His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
       His mercies begin anew each morning.
Lamentations 3:22-23

Comments

Grandma Debbie said…
Awwww he even looks precious grumpy in the morning. Yes, every day is truly a blessing, and my precious family is my biggest blessing ever!
Amanda said…
That's funny-- Ethan is grumpy in the morning too or if he does not sleep long enough at nap time. He will call for me but then when I go to get him he will tell me, "no." And if I dare to pick him up I pay for it with a very grumpy toddler for a very long time.

Popular Posts