Bouncing Giggles

     Well, this past Friday was the start of 12 hour shifts for about a week.  Not gonna lie it's been a rough 3 days, which feels pretty pathetic since I just finished a year solo.  This is a little different though, as we are stuck in a hotel, and I have to walk to the commissary for anything I need.  Not to mention it's rained 2 of the three days, and prevented us from going to the park.  On top of all of that, Riley has had a pretty bad diaper rash (I'm suspicious that it's yeast, and am going to the doctor tomorrow) and has thus been fussy, and started a fever today.  So yeah, rough.

     On a totally different note however, we have eaten at some delicious restaurants.  Not as many as you would probably think, since they open at 7 usually and that is when the kids get grumpy.  So we are limited to a few that open earlier.  The first week or so I couldn't pinpoint what was so awesome about these restaurants.  They all have 50-100 items on the menu, and each of dishes only has 4-5 ingredients listed.  The flavors are so pure, and it's not so many ingredients that they all run together.  It's a few simple ingredients, and each plays a vital role.  It probably also has to do with the pasta being so fresh!  We eat dinner, and instead of feeling weighed down we feel a little refreshed.  I think the freshness of the ingredients make it much healthier also!
     At restaurants close to the base, many of the waitresses speak good English, but I still try my best at the Italian dishes when ordering.  Most of the time they help me out a little, as the dish names are 6 words or more.  Tonight however, the waitress told me, "brava!"  I secretly gloated to myself about it during dinner.  Hopefully when we live in a town and are forced to use Italian I will get more fluent.


     We are on the third floor (2nd by Italian standards) and we go up and down the stairs a lot.  The boys favorite thing to do with Daddy is bounce down the stairs.  It is so cute, and they both make bumping giggles the whole way.
Ready...Set...
 GOOOO!!!

Comments

Popular Posts