Invest in What Matters

     So...some of my friends and family know that I am no longer working at the Child Development Center on base.  I really enjoyed working there, but when one of the boys in my class started to escalate to aggression (and hit me in the stomach on purpose) I decided that it was no longer the place for me.  Hopefully I will get to go back one day, but being pregnant and all that just isn't something I can do right now.
     All of that to say that yesterday was my first day back home with Grayson, and it was a blast!  Derek and I picked up a very cool kid toy...I'm not quite sure what to call it, but we've decided to use it as a sand/water table.  After G's nap I took him out into the backyard and filled it up with water, and placed in his boat and car toys (mostly from the $ section at Target).  After a few minutes I decided he needed a cup to scoop the water...MISTAKE!  Haha, this little monster just loves water, so playing and splashing in the water quickly turned into...
 
 

Drenching himself with water!  You can see here just how wet he got!


Now here is the real evidence!




     So needless to say, this toy will be a keeper!  We had lots of fun playing in the water, and I know Grayson will have just as much fun when we pick up some sand at Lowes.  When I used to come home from the CDC and change his diaper I usually also made a small sand castle on the changing table.  Sand just kept pouring out of his shoes, socks, and was sometimes even in the diaper.  Go figure...so this kiddo loves the sand.
     Well, more updates to come, and hopefully some much needed photos.  I've been slacking...

Comments

Popular Posts