Joys of Motherhood

     The joys of motherhood are countless, and it never ceases to amaze me how much the little things get to me.  This is my second go-around, but the goo's and the gaa's still make my heart skip a beat.  The "ga-ha-ha"s that I'm now hearing are so much sweeter than any other sound!  Riley has started laughing, more than a simple response, it is a catch in his voice and he pauses before letting it out.  He makes these sounds when Daddy or I bury our noses in his neck, or gently tickle his tummy, or even when we pop out from behind the couch.  I simply love all of these little moments!

     Grayson on the other hand is talking up a storm, and I love all his little made-up words.  The house we're in (only for another two months or so - grrr Air Force) has lots of laminate wood floors and Lola always runs around the house.  Every once in awhile she gets just a little too excited and runs in place a little.  When Grayson sees her scramble in place he shrieks "shplash!!!"  I have no idea why he equates her floundering motion with splashing, but he does.  It is so sweet, and he always has to check on Lola after she recovers her balance.  We just watched "Finding Nemo" yesterday, and that friendly little fish, in our home is called "Ma-mee-mo."  The list of his adorable pronunciations could go on and on, but I suppose I'll spare you a 10 page post.

Comments

Popular Posts